Limiting gambling in America would greatly affect people who regularly gamble. These individuals would be helped in many different ways, especially with them not gambling all of their money away. There is nothing wrong with gambling that is done in moderation with self discipline, you can’t be loured in by every casino you see whether you are visiting Las Vegas, Atlantic city, or anywhere else that there are casinos.
Gambling can lead to many negative things in society like suicide, theft, divorce, bankruptcy, and it sends false messages to the public, it dangles a pot of gold in gamblers faces through the television messages, radio ads, magazines, billboards, and other avenues. However, they are not advised on how hard it is to actually win and win big. Whenever people go to a casino, it is set up to take their money or the majority of it.
All casinos are set up to take anywhere from eighty-six to ninety-eight cents on every dollar spent in the casino. Most casinos these days usually take, at least ninety cents on every dollar spent in their casino gambling over an extended period of time. Therefore, a person winning in the beginning playing, the longer that person plays the same game, the more he or she increases their chances of leaving the casino a looser. Again, because the casino is set up to come out on top in the long run. Ronald A. Reno: “why would any community welcome an industry that undermines the work ethics, spawns crime, hurts other businesses and costs jobs, increases divorce rate and child abuse, victimizes youth and the poor, while giving rise to suicide and several mental-health problems?” Insight on the News magazines, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 13, 2005 volume 11 number 43.
For the individuals who differ in opinion with me, I just want to ask you, how would you feel about a casino opening five minutes away from your home? You probably would not like that too much now would you? The fact of the matter is that there are great consequences usually that are associated with gambling. The crime rate , drug usage, and suicide rate will definitely skyrocket and have a trickle down effect on society. For example, if you start using drugs you might start abusing your wife, children, or friends and that all stems from the root of it all, gambling. Just like author Robert Goodman wrote “Gambling’s intimate link to crime is another fact the industry has tried desperately to conceal.” New York: Free Press, c2008, XiV, p.273, 25 cm. So for my critics if you were for more casinos in the area, I would tell you to be prepared for more crime amongst the other negative effects that gambling brings. William Thompson said “Until the facts about gambling are on the table, many communities will continue to be seduced by legalized gambling’s siren song. Hunting Press, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 2006 Gambling Advisor. All of the points of view should show the critics why government should control gambling, and therefore eliminating some of the negative aspects that gambling brings.
Casino Gamblers should wake up and see that they are getting exploited by these big enterprises and they only exist because there is a demand for them. Casinos have a humongous advantage over the customers, and they will always come out ahead because the business is designed that way. Margaret O. Hyde said “Each year over 1 million visitors come to Las Vegas to gamble and end up leaving $1 Billion for the gambling industry.” Most gamblers of the casino are losers except for a few who get to go home and brag about their winnings, and therefore, end up encouraging more people to go to the casino and loose.
One of the best way in which to lower the odds of mostly leaving the casino a looser would be to play more table games like blackjack and just totally learn the game ins and outs. Bobby Singer “Blackjack is a table game offered in most casinos around the world, it is both the most popular and most profitable of all the casinos games around the world” There are many skilled gamblers that study their trade as any great craftsman. If you are into increasing your odds of winning, please educate yourself.
What are some things you can remember before you decide to go back to the gambling casino after months of staying away? Well there are many things that should come to mind before you decide to go back on that self destructive path. These thoughts รูเล็ต should create enough bad feelings in you to stop you from getting back in the car and returning to your gambling addiction and the despondency it causes.
1. Remember how you felt driving home from the casino. Keep this fresh in your mind and make this the first thing you remember. Do not forget what it feels like when you were broke, despondent, and depressed. Remember how your compulsive gambling resulted in that horrible car ride home.
2. Remember all of the unhappy faces of all of those people in the casino also addicted to gambling. The face of gambling addiction is not one of joy. The face of gambling addiction is one of despair, sadness, loneliness, and hopelessness.
3. Remember losing all your money during your gambling binge. Then remember what it was like having no money to pay your bills. Think of all of the time you have to work to make up those losses. Remember what it felt like after taking several hundreds of dollars in cash advances from the ATM, looting both your bank account and credit cards.
4. Remember how bad you felt the day after a gambling binge. Without eating or sleeping properly, this hangover was not pleasant. The memory of this alone can truly cause you to feel bad. This feeling is bad enough to stop you from returning to gambling.
5. Remember what happened to your self-esteem and self-worth after you gambled. You felt guilty, and horrible about your gambling and how you actively participated in your own self-destruction.
It is hoped that actively triggering some of these memories when you have an urge to gamble again can be of help to you. Returning to gambling again can only cause you pain and suffering and cannot enhance your life in any way.
Gambling addiction will destroy your spirit and your zest for life. It will take everything that you value from you and you will not get it back. Stay away from that casino and take care of yourself now.